£50k per year
9 months ago
Harris Hill is thrilled to be partnering with the Osborne Partnership in their search for a new Chief Executive Officer.
The Osborne Partnership is a charity located in the London Borough of Barking & Dagenham. The charity s original aims were to improve educational and employment opportunities for its beneficiaries (adults with learning disabilities and/or complex needs known as Partners ) who lived in the borough. However, more recently the charity has started to draw beneficiaries from neighbouring boroughs and has developed additional programmes to provide meaningful activities which address identified needs and empower beneficiaries to develop new skills, encourage independence, build the self-confidence and the self-esteem necessary to make the most of life opportunities.
The charity is seeking a new CEO to take responsibility for the strategic planning, development and management of the Osborne Partnership and to oversee its day to day services and operations.
Job title: Chief Executive
Reports to: Charity Board of Trustees
Responsible for: Senior staff team
Location: Osborne Partnership, Dagenham, Essex.
- To guide the Charity s strategic and financial decision-making process through working collaboratively with the Board of Trustees to determine organisational policy, strategic and annual business development plans and related budget proposals.
- To ensure Osborne Partnership is both financially stable and focusses on strategic growth to further develop the organisation.
- To engender a climate of best practise and continuous improvement in the services that Osborne Partnership provides.
- To act as Company Secretary for Osborne Partnership as required.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience within the voluntary, day service, training sector at a senior management and strategic level.
- Experience of understanding and assessing the need of a service that delivers meaningful day services and training opportunities and experience of shaping and delivering programmes for funding applications.
- Experience/knowledge of supporting people with learning disabilities/ with multiple needs.
- A good knowledge and understanding of a voluntary sector and/or training/day service-based organisation.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of the ingredients for successful change management.
- Knowledge and understanding of engendering a best practice climate of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of finance management, how to construct, monitor, manage and review budgets, manage risk and take appropriate action.
Closing date: 1st November '21
1st stage interview: 22nd November '21
2nd stage interview: 29th November '21
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role, with details on how to apply please contact Nick Shanks at Harris Hill:
Nick Shanks: firstname.lastname@example.org | 020 7820 7334
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.