020 7820 7321
4 months ago
The Children's Liver Disease Foundation is looking for a new CEO to lead a full review of the charity and the develop and implement a strategic plan that will deliver long-term sustainability and continuous improvement of services to our community.
Formed in 1980, Children's Liver Disease Foundation (CLDF) is the only UK charity dedicated to fighting all childhood liver diseases. We work with families and young people, helping them take control of their lives, by providing accurate, clear information on these rare and complex conditions, emotional support in coping with their feelings and worries and representing their voice to those who make decisions about their care. Together we help young people to create a new life path, where their liver disease is just one part of who they are.
Job title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Children's Liver Disease Foundation
Contract: Permanent, full time (4 days per week or equivalent hours would be considered)
Location: Children's Liver Disease Foundation, 36 Great Charles Street, Birmingham B3 3JY.
Hybrid working model, at least 2 days per week to be spent based in the Birmingham office
Pension: Pension contribution of 10% of salary, dependant upon the employee making a 5% contribution, managed through payroll.
Holiday: 25 days annual leave increasing by 1 day per annum to a maximum of 30 days, plus bank holidays and discretionary office Christmas closure days.
Benefits: Death in service benefit twice annual salary. Westfield Health plan. Employee assistance programme.
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate for the CEO role will have:
- Emotional empathy, exceptional interpersonal skills and comprehensive understanding of the role of CLDF fills in working with children and families, with chronic, possibly life-threatening conditions.
- Proven experience as a CEO or in other senior managerial position within the charity sector (health, social-care or welfare sectors would be desirable).
- Experience of developing and delivering on wide-reaching strategic plans, and implementing vision
- Track record of developing and growing organisational income.
- Comprehensive understanding of digital channels needed to reach beneficiaries and donors with experience of strong results achieved through digital leadership.
- Strong understanding of finance and performance management principles with track record in strong financial management and fundraising.
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance etc.
- In-depth knowledge of charity governance and general management best practices.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 28th February 2022
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.