£29k per year
020 7820 7320
11 days ago
Harris Hill are working exclusively with a wonderful international development charity. The Database Officer is responsible for supporting the charity's database operations, including ensuring all income received is accurately and promptly processed; helping to maintain the database to ensure data quality; assisting with data selections; and generally assisting Fundraising teams with their data requirements. There is great scope for developing wider skills and knowledge in assisting the database team with fundraising data selections and helping to shape policy and procedure. Please note this role is a 9-month FTC.
- Daily importing of donations and personal data from a range of sources, including external agencies and charity's websites, to Raiser's Edge using Import-o-Matic, RE imports, and occasional batch and manual entry.
- Working closely with the Database Manager and Finance team, reconciling gift income between Raiser's Edge and Microsoft Business Dynamics.
- Regular reconciliation of incoming gift and merchandise sales data from various suppliers and fulfilment house to ensure accuracy.
- Ensuring data quality and integrity is kept up to date and in compliance with GDPR and relevant legislations through regular queries and global changes.
- Updating GDPR compliant consent requests for mail, telephone, email and SMS communications.
- Ensuring Gift Aid declarations are recorded accurately and in compliance with HMRC regulations.
- Working with the Database Manager and team, developing and documenting up-to-date Operating Procedures for data entry, importing, and checking data.
- Working with the Senior Officers, creating data selections for fundraising and other purposes as required.
- Working knowledge of data protection, charity law and fundraising regulations and good practices and GDPR.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, basic working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp, and ideally its integration with Raisers Edge via Import-o-Matic Working knowledge of Blackbaud Merchant Services and other online giving portals.
- Working knowledge of financial software, especially Microsoft Business Dynamics.
- Experience of using the Raiser's Edge and Import-o-Matic database at an advanced level.
- Experience of income processing on Raiser's Edge.
- Experience of database administration.
- Experience of dealing with Gift Aid, including reconciliation and working on claims.
- Experience of dealing with external agencies such as mailing houses and data management companies.
- Experience working within a charity or not-for-profit environment.
Closing date : Monday 10th May