£25k - 30k per year
020 7820 7310
11 months ago
Are you an energetic, fun loving 'Finance Officer' with great communication skills?
We are working on behalf recruitment company who are looking for an experienced 'Finance Officer'. You will be responsible for running the weekly payroll, ensuring all temps and contractors are 100% compliant across the business, issuing invoices to clients and credit control.
You will also be required to provide support to the Finance Director and perform other office duties as necessary.
- Basic accounting duties, ie bank reconciliations, assist in month end processing
- Reporting and analysing sales
- Collate weekly time-sheets and expenses.
- Maintain accurate worker, client and assignment data and ensure full compliance.
- Running the weekly payroll within time-scales and producing relevant reports for external payroll company.
- Processing contractor invoices and time-sheets.
- Dealing with payroll queries.
- Sending out P45s/P46s.
- Update all statutory payments.
- Produce weekly and monthly reporting on payroll and any other requirements.
- Take responsibility for full compliance of temps and contractors.
- Issue invoices and chase where relevant.
- Chasing payments over the phone and by email.
- Working to targets to ensure debt levels are maintained.
- Purchase ledger - process and pay suppliers.
- All other finance & payroll duties.
Experience & Skills
Demonstrable experience of working within a busy payroll environment, preferably in a recruitment business.
Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to work independently and to deadlines.
Ability to demonstrate an understanding for the need of confidentiality in dealing with all payroll and HR issues.
To be successful in this role your interpersonal communication skills must be strong.
- A detailed knowledge of payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules
- Up to date knowledge of RTI, Pension Auto Enrolment and all PAYE related tasks
- Up to date knowledge of EAA and REC compliance regulations.
- Good knowledge and experience in using SAGE accounting system.
- Preferably with relevant accounting qualification or part qualified.
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000pa