£45k per year + pro-rata
020 7820 7310
over 2 years ago
Harris Hill charity recruitment are proud to be working alongside the Student Union of a prominent UK based University. We are looking for a commercially minded Head of Finance and Admin to work part-time (3 days per week).
This will be a challenging and exciting role as they are part-way through a process of becoming being a more effective and more relevant students' union which truly represents and supports it diverse members.
The Head of Finance and Administration will lead the strategic and operational finance function to ensure effective financial management. This will involve modernising the service offer, systems, policies and procedures, including bringing back in-house the accounting and payroll functions. The new postholder will play a key role in developing the financial literacy and skills of staff, student officers and student groups.
The successful candidate will be qualified or part-qualified with significant experience in a finance role including preparation of budgets, monthly management accounts, forecasts, year-end financial statements and other reports. (This will preferably be in a charity, but this isn't essential).
This is a part-time role: three days per week/0.6FTE.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Up to date on legislation and regulations relating to payroll, pensions & charity finance
- Charity SORP standards (desirable)
- Experience of Risk management best practice
- Sound judgement and the ability to think strategically
- Developments in digital service delivery (desirable)
- Higher education and the challenges facing students and universities (desirable)
- Excellent organisational skills including managing conflicting priorities and a diverse workload
- Able to take on responsibility for delivering tasks to ensure targets are met
- Able to communicate and work effectively in a team and using own initiative
- Excellent inter-personal skills including being able to clearly communicate with other
staff members at all levels
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Innovative and creative approach to work
- Experience of communicating complicated financial material to non-finance colleagues
Salary is £45,000pa pro rata based on 3 working days