Senior Consultant - Finance
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with a cancer support charity for a Head of Financial Accounting, on a full-time, permanent basis. You will provide strategic and operational financial leadership to create, develop, implement and manage a robust modern financial accounting function.
There is hybrid working in place with this organisation.
As Head of Financial Accounting, you will:
- Deliver the monthly financial records and timely month-end closure to enable the Financial Planning & Analysis team to produce management accounts and reports
- Be responsible for producing the month-end journal, pre-payments, accruals, depreciation and other journals as required
- Be responsible for the preparation and submission of all Trading Subsidiary VAT returns in a timely manner
- Be responsible for managing the cashflow of the charity and its trading subsidiaries ensuring returns on available funds are maximized
- Lead on the preparation of the year-end financial statements for the charity and its trading subsidiary including preparation of all supporting schedules ensuring the charity complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
The successful applicant will:
- Have significant demonstrable experience in finance within the charity sector, in a similar role
- Be fully qualified (hold a Professional Chartered Accountancy Qualification)
- Have demonstrable experience of leading a financial accounting function
- Have experience of working with Executive level staff
- Have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
If this sounds like you and you're keen to hear more, please do get in touch ASAP!
Please note, only successful applicants will be contacted with further information.
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partners.