£55k per year + Pro Rata
020 7820 7311
about 1 year ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Part Time Director of Finance for this international development charity based in Sussex on a 9-month Fixed Term Contract basis that can go permanent.
Days: 3 days a week
Location: Home working, with 1 day a week at their offices in Sussex
Salary: £55,000pa Pro Rata
Reports to: CEO
Person Specification Knowledge & Experience
- CCAB Qualified Accountant ideally
- Experience of producing accounts compliant with the Charities SORP (essential)
- Good working knowledge of QuickBooks (desirable)
- Proven track record of working in a small team (essential)
- Experience of developing and monitoring the implementation of strategies, budgets and operational plans (essential)
- Experience of producing financial information for Executive Teams and Board (essential)
- Good understanding and experience in managing restricted funds in terms of monitoring, compliance and reporting (essential), experience with USAID funding (desirable)
- Good understanding of VAT relating to charities. (essential)
- Experience of working in the non-profit/charity sector (essential), in international development (desirable)
Strategic Planning, Governance, & Control
- The Director of Finance is responsible for the preparation of financial information and ensuring that financial controls and governance procedures are undertaken effectively.
- Leading our finance function and ensuring budget holders, senior colleagues and trustees have the required level of financial information and analysis to make decisions and plan for the future.
- Responsible for the development of and adherence to financial procedures both within Head Office and business abroad, including analysis of overseas financial regulations and associated risks.
- Advise on financial planning and strategy throughout the charities strategic periods to ensure strategy has a complementary financial plan.
- Prepare cash flow forecasts and scenario modelling to assist with Financial Planning.
- Advise on VAT issues, ensuring best practice and seeking best value