£43,264 - 50,632 per year
10 months ago
National children's charity is seeking a Policy and Public Affairs Manager to play a key role in delivering the organisation's public policy objectives to protect children from online abuse.
The Policy and Public Affairs Manager will be responsible for leading policy and public affairs projects to achieve the charity's strategic goals; using your skills and experience to strengthen the charity's impact on public policy, and in doing so make a significant contribution to keeping children safe.
The post-holder will have responsibility for the development of new policy positions, and will lead on a number of core policy and influencing objectives. You will implement policy and public affairs strategies to deliver legislative, regulatory and public policy objectives.
You will manage the delivery of commissioned research projects that build our understanding of online child abuse and how we can disrupt it, and ensure the delivery of high quality evidence to underpin our policy and public affairs approach.
You will build persuasive, evidence-based positions, and leverage our insight to deliver public affairs and influencing activity with key figures in parliament, government, industry, regulators and civil society.
The Policy and Public Affairs Manager will line manage members of the Policy and Public Affairs team, and will manage cross-cutting projects across directorates.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the clear ability to influence a wide range of audiences verbally and in writing, and to tailor information to different audiences.
- Excellent policy development skills, being able to make evidence-based and credible positions on complex and highly nuanced subject matter
- Strong analytical skills, with a clear ability to understand the wider policy and legislative context, and turn problems into compelling policy solutions
- Show a good understanding of related public policy issues, with a demonstrable ability to design and deliver high-impact policy interventions
- Knowledge of policy and legislative processes, using sound political judgement to deliver meaningful policy and public affairs change