Principal Consultant - Projects, Programmes and Business Support
Harris Hill are excited to be working with a national Disability charity in their search for a Senior Evaluation Manager.
As Senior Evaluation Manager, you will drive strategic and complex projects and evaluations, providing technical support for team members, building capacity of staff in Monitoring and Evaluation, and contributing flexibly to support the Head of Impact and Evaluation in senior-level areas of work.
In this strategic role, you will work closely with the Head of Impact and Evaluation, heads of teams and directors to build the Impact and Evaluation function. You will drive strategic projects to embed monitoring and evaluation at organisational level, including bringing outcome data collection and synthesis in-house to enable impact reporting, while also leading more complex portfolio level evaluations. This will help the charity to understand how they make a difference to disabled people, to measure the difference they make, and to identify opportunities to grow their impact over time.
Key responsiilbiltes include:
- Leading complex evaluations at the portfolio level, including for the Impact Grants portfolio and Innovation portfolio. This involves scoping terms of reference with senior stakeholders, designing the evaluation approach, overseeing delivery of the evaluation (in-house with support from Evaluation Managers and M&E Associate, via external commissioning or both)
- Leading on the re-development of outcome data collection tools and cost-benefit analysis approach, including co-design with disabled people and drawing from best practice measurement tools.
- Leading on the development and management of periodic outcome data synthesis for the Innovation and Impact Grants portfolios to enable organisational impact reporting.
- Building the M&E capacity of Innovation, Programme and Grant Managers to use key monitoring and evaluation tools provided by the Impact and Evaluation function by delivering training or workshops.
- Line-managing the Monitoring and Evaluation Associate who will have a key role in delivering the periodic in-house outcome data collection and synthesis.
- Being ‘hands on’ as necessary, by leading and delivering evaluations for strategic programmes personally
The successful candidate will be experienced in evaluating programmes and measuring impact using appropriate techniques in a UK context and will have the ability to design and develop research programmes, including proven quantitative and qualitative research skill. Exceptional written and oral influencing skills, including the judicious use of data and the compelling presentation of research findings are key, alongside a relevant qualification in an analytical discipline such as economics, statistics or social sciences, or evidence of significant professional experience.
If this sounds like you and you’re keen to hear more, please do get in touch ASAP!
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted with further information.
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships