£29k - 33k per year + pro rata
020 7820 7310
about 2 months ago
Do you have the school administer experience to provide the highest level of administrative support to a highly selective, leading independent girls junior school?
Do you have the experience to be a professional first point of contact?
If yes, we would love to hear from you.
Even though this advert might say 'part-time' and the salary is pro-rata, the hours are Monday Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm (which is 36 hours per week during term times) the bonus is you will not be required to work during the school holidays.
Your role will also include:
- Being the main point of contact at reception.
- Answering the telephone calls,
- Managing email in/outbox, sending school communication messages.
- Managing attendance registers.
- Undertaking clerical related tasks which include typing, filing, ordering stock, delivering mail etc.
- Putting together a weekly newsletter for the Junior School.
- First Aid being the first port of call for pupils who are unwell or who have suffered an injury & liaising with the school nurse
- Liaising with all school staff, including the Director of Finance and Operations, School Catering Manager and caretakers as necessary.
- Supporting the Deputy Head of the Junior Department.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- First-class organisational and administrative skills
- attention to detail
- Evidence of a pro-active approach to planning and prioritising work, with the ability to use initiative appropriately
- Be a qualified first aider (or willing to obtain)
- Able to juggle a range of tasks and competing priorities
- Excellent ICT skills e.g. Microsoft, Excel and database input
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Good telephone manner
- Sufficient numeracy to deal with statistical data, and manage budgets
As you will know from your experience within a school environment you must be committed to the safeguarding of children and young people. I am sure you will take your responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
I wish you all the best & Good Luck!