£60k per year
020 7820 7320
about 2 months ago
Assistant Director of Charity Operations
Location: Central London
Contract: Two year fixed-term contract
The Assistant Director of Charity Operations (AD Ops) will be responsible for the in-year delivery of Charity events and activities in support of the Fundraising and Communications/Marketing plans.
AD Ops will lead on assuring the interface with the Charity's regionally based volunteer community and the regional Army chain of command and will be the primary point of contact for County Chairs and other advocates.
AD Ops principal deliverable will be the annual Engagement Plan, drawing on the supported Fundraising and Comms/Marketing Plans, which will articulate the events to be delivered by the Charity, with measures of effectiveness and resources apportioned for each event or activity within the Plan.
AD Ops will direct the activity of Charity event management and fundraising staff in the delivery of successful events, project managing, troubleshooting, and reprioritising as required and in consultation with Directors Fundraising and Comms/Marketing.
AD Ops will attend Senior Management Board (SMB) meetings and, where appropriate, Trustee Board meetings and sub-committees.
- An experienced and proven planner, adept at synchronising activity, managing and allocating resources and delivering expected outcomes to time, cost and specification.
- Some military experience or an understanding of the military that would be advantageous.
- Well-developed writing and oral communication skills, readily able to synthesise information and write and present policy papers, briefs and reports - often under pressure of time.
- Exceptional organisational and critical thinking skills; able to perform complex tasks and prioritise projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact and work effectively with all elements of the Charity and supporting volunteers.
- Computer literate, comfortable with MS Office tools, familiar with social media platforms.
- Competent in budget management.
- Project management qualifications/skills are desirable.
- HR management qualifications/skills are desirable.
Closing Date: Thursday 30th June 2022
Interview Date: Tuesday 12th July 2022