£31k per year
020 7820 7311
29 days ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for an Assistant Financial Accountant for this international charity based in London.
The position is working for home with some days in the London office.
You will need to have the following attributes:
- Be a part-qualified accountant in recognised global body e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA
- Experience in an accounting role which included processing payroll
- Good collaboration with colleagues inside and outside finance
Salary and Benefits:
- £31,000 per annum
- 28 days annual leave
- 5% pension contributions.
Key accountabilities (per cent of time spent on each area)
Financial Accounting (65%)
- Prepare and maintain UK books of accounts in accordance with the Finance Management Policies and Procedures;
- Submit a monthly report to the UK Finance Manager in line with the monthly reporting checklist and timetable that includes monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Receive, review and process all supplier invoices and make payments when approved in accordance with the relevant standard policies and procedures;
- Processing all bank and cash transactions and reconcile all transactions. Submitting the bank reconciliation with the bank statement to the Financial Controller on a monthly basis;
- Make payment for advances and expenses for staff travel, ensuring proper process for disbursement of funds, correct documentation and the settlement of advances in a timely manner;
- Prepare financial reports for the UK Office as required for each project /HQ departments and submit to the UK Finance Manager;
- Ensure transaction errors are minimised, but if any identified from the month end checklist or from the management reporting that these are corrected immediately.
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register;
Payroll International and UK (10%)
- Process the monthly UK and international staff payroll, ensuring direct transfer to staff salary accounts and remitting the payroll deductions to the correct government authorities and inform overseas offices of their obligations in respect of these payrolls.
- Project Support (20%)
- Prepare the budget and forecast pack for defined projects in coordination with Senior Finance Support Manager
- Input defined mapped and phased project and core forecasts for defined projects into the PS Financials accounting system, ensuring they reconcile to the country packs
- Part-qualified accountant in recognised global body e.g. ACCA, ACA, CIMA;
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree from a recognised university;
- Working knowledge of accounting software;
- Experience in an accounting role including processing payroll.
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft excel;
- Good analytical and reporting skills;
- High level of English, both written and spoken;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
- Strong ability to be able to manage and prioritise multiple tasks
- Understanding of taxation and statutory deduction requirements in a complex payroll environment
- Expertise of working with Cascade HRIS