£30k per year
020 7820 7320
3 months ago
This is an exciting time for Citizens Advice services in Buckinghamshire. The charities Citizens Advice Aylesbury Vale, Citizens Advice Chiltern and Citizens Advice High Wycombe & District are merging to become Citizens Advice Bucks. Like the constituent organisations that will form it have done for many years, this new charity will provide independent and impartial advice on debt, benefits, housing, employment and family issues that will help people get their lives back on track, as well as using on-the-ground knowledge to improve local and national social policy.
While the merger was planned long before the COVID-19 crisis, this newly-formed, larger organisation will be better placed to meet the increasing demand for our services. It also matches the geography of one of our primary funders, the newly-formed unity authority, Buckinghamshire Council, which will allow us to build strong working relationships at county level.
Each of the constituent charities have considerable areas of strength, providing services that respond to the need in their local communities. Citizens Advice Bucks must maintain these strengths and the local feel of services, whilst also ensuring the same high quality, availability and consistency of services across the county, and developing a strong, shared internal culture across the new charity.
We are looking for a Business Services Manager to join the team
Organisation: Citizens Advice Bucks
Job Title: Business Services Manager
Salary :30 000 per annum
Hours: Full time, with occasional weekend and evening work
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of working with Board and Committee members and of fulfilling company secretarial duties
- Knowledge of managing office premises, including ensuring they are well maintained, secure and safe
- Strong administrative skills and demonstrable experience with administrative tasks
- Excellent computer skills, including use of MS Office packages ( Word, PowerPoint), Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Experience of staff and/or volunteer management
- Knowledge and understanding of GDPR regulatory requirements
- Experience of minute taking and formal writing
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role, with details on how to apply, please contact Shweta Prabhakar: Shweta.email@example.com 020 7820 7320
Closing date for applications 9 00 am Monday 4th January 2021