£75k per year
020 7820 7318
10 days ago
Harris Hill is working in partnership with the Royal Life Saving Society UK (RLSS UK), the UKs drowning prevention charity, to find their next Chief Executive. The society was founded in 1891 by renowned international swimming champion William Henry, in response to the amount of lives lost to drowning each year.
Whilst the number of deaths by drowning is slowly decreasing, around 700 people still drown in the UK and Ireland every year - RLSS UK aims to reduce this tragic loss of life, through a wide range of water safety education measures. RLSS UK and its trading subsidiary, IQL UK, are the country’s leading providers of training and education in lifesaving, lifeguarding, water safety and life support skills. RLSS UK is also the governing body for Lifesaving Sport.
They are currently undergoing a period of exciting transformation and innovation, looking at new income streams and opportunities whilst maintaining their position as the UK’s leading provider of Life Guarding qualifications. Like all businesses they need to keep pace with technology, social trends and legislation and finding the right Chief Executive is of paramount importance.
The new CEO will lead the organisation as it looks to cement their position in the market place, grow new business, as well as enhancing their profile and reputation in the hearts and minds of the public, Parliament and the media, for the lifesaving work they do.
- The ability to lead and motivate people, to advance employee engagement and develop a high-level team performance.
- Substantial experience in a CEO and / or a broad Director-level role.
- Evidence of strong strategic commercial acumen, specifically penetrating new opportunities and markets.
- Experience of the development and successful delivery of corporate level strategic plans and ambitions.
- A track record of outstanding stakeholder management in a complex operating environment.
- Strong budget management with a track record of accountability for in excess of £2million/pa.
- Experience of managing and influencing change in a complex environment.
The Royal Life Saving Society UK is ready to face 2019 and beyond, with some unique opportunities and stimulating challenges ahead. This is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed, for more information please contact Ben Pountney at Harris Hill or ‘Apply Now’ The deadline for applications is 9am on Monday 21st January 2019.