£49k - 59k per year
020 7820 7321
about 1 month ago
We are looking for a new Chief Executive with the vision, proven leadership skills and operational experience to review and update the River Thame Conservation Trust’s strategy and to be responsible for a programme to implement the strategy.
The River Thame Conservation Trust (RTCT) is a small grassroots environmental charity. We work in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire along the full length of the River Thame and in the Upper Great Ouse. We are an important advocate for biodiversity in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire and together with the Freshwater Habitats Trust (FHT) we are a joint catchment host for the River Thame Catchment Partnership. The RTCT is also a member of the Rivers Trust, the umbrella organisation that represents 63 rivers trusts throughout the UK and Ireland. Our vision is that the River Thame should be a river catchment with healthy fresh waters and wildlife, valued and enjoyed by local people, resilient for the future.
Job title: Chief Executive (CE) – River Thame Conservation Trust
Contract: Full time, permanent
Location: Headington, Oxfordshire
Salary: £49,000 to £59,000
Pension: 9% Employer and 6% employee contribution
Holiday: 24 days plus public and bank holidays
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate for the Chief Executive role will have:
- Demonstrable experience of the ability to think strategically in a range of organisational areas (e.g. planning work programmes, funding, communications).
- Experience of working in the nature conservation and environment sectors.
- An understanding of charities and the voluntary sector
- Demonstrable experience of managing programme and project delivery.
- An understanding of finance and financial reporting and past experience of fundraising, including initiating large funding bids.
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload and time, juggling requirements of a varied role with the ability to manage and oversee the many areas of the Trust’s work simultaneously.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this Chief Executive Officer role with details on how to apply please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at Harris Hill, email@example.com. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with suitable times to talk.
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 25th April 2022
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.