£60,000 pro rata
020 7820 7318
8 months ago
Dementia Adventure is an award-winning charity dedicated to supporting people with dementia to get outdoors, connect with nature, themselves and their community, and retain a sense of adventure in their lives.
Dementia is a term we are all now familiar with. It is estimated that one million people in the UK will have dementia by 2021. It is one of the many causes of disability later in life and yet training and support services, respite and research remain desperately underfunded.
Dementia is increasingly being considered as a long-term condition and whilst pharmacological and medical treatments are the hope we all wait for, there is much that can be done right now to care for and enable people living with dementia to live healthier, more active and enjoyable lives and bring emotional, social and physical benefits to dementia affected families.
This is the challenge ahead of us as a society and why Dementia Adventure exist. People need hope, joy, love and care, choice and control, confidence and support to live better lives with dementia.
Dementia Adventure’s unique range of activities are all centred around the concept of thinking differently about dementia, which involves being person-centred and focused on positive risk taking. This is achieved through the provision of, or helping to facilitate supported dementia holidays, outdoor activities and other support and promoting and publishing research into the benefits of activities and these interventions.
£60,000 pro rata
Established in 2009, Dementia Adventure is now at a particularly exciting stage in their development. Income has grown significantly in recent years and they continue to scale their activities directly benefiting many more people each year. They have also witnessed a significant increase in influence and reputation.
In order for Dementia Adventure to continue to make a difference, they need more people to hear about and understand the ethos and aims of their charity, take action, get involved and support their activities.
As their new CEO, you will need to demonstrate:
- Passion and commitment to the aims and ethos of Dementia Adventure
- Awareness of and sensitivity to the needs and issues faced by people living with dementia and their carers, with the ability to advocate for the needs of people living with dementia
- Senior level leadership experience with the ability to operate at both an ambassadorial and a strategic level
- Proven experience of managing operational delivery and day to day running of an organisation, engaging, supporting and motivating staff to perform to the best of their abilities
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising, with a track record of developing new business opportunities and sustainable and diverse income streams
- Experience of identifying new opportunities and managing the required organisational change with experience of change management
- Strong financial experience, with the ability to plan resources appropriately, understand financial reports, develop commercial planning and understand and interpret complex financial information
- Experience of leading the development of effective impact measurements
Above all their new CEO will be expected to evidence that they have the skills and experience to lead Dementia Adventure today, and moving forward, as they continue to evolve, grow and scale as an organisation:
Closing date: Monday 29 April
Preliminary Interviews with Harris Hill: Wednesday 8 & Thursday 9 May
Final Panel Interviews: Tuesday 28 May
Please download the Appointment Brief containing a full job description, person specification and details of how to apply.
If you are potentially interested in submitting an application or would welcome a confidential and discrete conversation, please contact our advising consultant Philip Nelson, Director at Harris Hill on 020 7820 7314 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.