5 months ago
Organisation: St Elizabeth Hospice
Title: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: circa 90,000
Location: Ipswich, Suffolk
St Elizabeth Hospice is an independent charity that provides outstanding (latest CQC rating) palliative care to those with a life-limiting condition. This care is provided at our main hospice site, at satellite sites and in people's homes across out catchment area.
From 1st April 2019, the Hospice received funding to expand our geographic area from East Suffolk to include Great Yarmouth and Waveney. The aim is to build on this statutory funding with additional income streams to grow specialist palliative care services in this new area.
In addition to our expansion in geography, St Elizabeth is committed to the growth of work with young adult care. There will be continued collaboration with partners in ensuring that this important group are not overlooked. Our Zest brand helps to bring opportunity for young people to get involved to assist.
To continue and to grow this invaluable work we need to raise some 10.5 million every year. This not only involves the negotiation of statutory funding from the NHS and others, but income from legacies, lottery, trusts, our chain of over 30 retail shops as well as the amazing efforts of both individual and corporate fundraising supporters. St Elizabeth has become an important cornerstone of our community. Our next Chief Executive Officer will lead us through this exciting period of development.
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven track record in successfully managing an operation of comparable scale and complexity
- Demonstrable experience of thinking strategically, business planning and implementation
- Significant track record of identifying, building and maintaining complex stakeholder relationships, internally and externally
- Experience of overseeing significant and/or complex financial budgets, including delivering consistently on financial targets
- Experience in successfully leading organisational development and change
- Previous experience of inspiring, managing and leading significant numbers of staff and resources
If you are potentially interested in submitting an application and would like to see the full information pack, or would welcome a confidential and discreet conversation, please contact Jenny Hills, Director at Harris Hill on 020 7820 7321 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 24th June 2019.