£90k - 100k per year
10 months ago
Birmingham St Mary's Hospice and John Taylor Hospice have been providing expert care to communities across Birmingham for many years, ensuring that people can enjoy their time with friends, family and loved ones right up until the last moment with comfort and dignity.
This is a pivotal moment for hospices. The Covid-19 crisis has re-emphasised just now vital a service hospices provide, and how important it is that patients have a smooth pathway when the time comes into end of life care.
The two hospices have been working together for some time now to provide a joined up service. In early 2020, Chair of John Taylor Hospice, Harry Turner, was invited to become Joint Chair of both hospices. When Covid-19 hit shortly after, speeding the need for integration, the Boards decided to appoint a Joint CEO to further collaboration across both hospices and with the wider Birmingham healthcare economy.
The two boards are currently exploring opportunities for further integration of the two hospices, with a formal merger as one of the options under consideration. The Joint CEO will work closely with the boards on the strategy for the future of the two hospices, and will further collaboration and integration across both hospices and with the regional healthcare economy.
For this role, we are looking for an inspirational and established leader, with experience of leading complex organisations through significant change, and a strong alignment with the values of the hospices. The Joint CEO will play a lead role transforming end of life and palliative care services across Birmingham, as well as a leading role in the city s healthcare sector.
Role: Joint Chief Executive Officer
Organisation: Birmingham St Mary s Hospice and John Taylor Hospice
Salary: £90,000 - £100,000
Contract: Permanent, full time
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Substantial experience of leading at a system wide level, providing vision and strategic leadership and collaborating with a range of other organisation and partners.
- Substantial leadership experience gained at senior level in a complex multi-faceted environment, with evidence of leading the delivery of key targets, service improvements and management of change.
- Demonstrable evidence of strategic development, leading people / organisations through successful change; including the development of a senior management team.
- A track record of being an exceptional leader of people; with the ability to motivate and inspire large multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience at working with a Board of Trustees or equivalent.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send a expression of interest to lead consultant Jenny Hills at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will be treated with the strictest confidence. CVs at this stage are welcome, but are not required and will not be considered as an application.
Jenny Hills is happy to have an informal and confidential conversation with potential candidates about the role. Her number is 0207 820 7321 but it is easiest to pre-book a time to call by contacting her with your availability at email@example.com
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification included in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 12th October 2020.