£53k - 57k per year
about 1 month ago
Citizens Advice Westminster was one of the very first bureau services founded in 1939. From our origins as an emergency information service during the Second World War, we have evolved as a frontline agency providing essential advice and information services to Westminster residents and those living in surrounding areas. We are now supporting our community through the effects of Covid-19 and are seeing rising demand for our services.
Citizens Advice Westminster helps people resolve their legal, money, housing and other problems by providing free, independent, confidential and impartial information and advice. We value diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination.
We are recruiting to the pivotal role of Chief Executive Officer. We are looking for someone who will drive Citizens Advice Westminster forward to become a flourishing and dynamic organisation that will be there for the community long into the future.
Organisation: Citizens Advice Westminster
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: £53,000 - £57,000
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Highly developed leadership skills with proven experience of developing and managing change and promoting organisation development.
- Proven ability to run and improve high quality, value and volume client-facing services at a senior level in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Demonstrable experience of leading change across an organisation with multiple, diverse stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage and develop teams, positively influencing culture and performance to achieve good outcomes and embed equality and diversity.
- Demonstrable political acumen and diplomacy as well as proven influencing and negotiation skills, making clear judgements based on sound understanding and analysis. Able to influence external change and earn and maintain the trust of those people with whom the organisation deals, especially funding bodies and donors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships at all levels, and enthuse key stakeholders using appropriate styles and methods to maximise understanding and impact.
- Demonstrable ability to work under pressure, with strong time management, and to facilitate teams to work to tight deadlines and delegate effectively. Able to switch appropriately between strategic and operational responsibilities.
- A strong commitment to value for money and experience of financial management, budgetary control of complex budgets.
- Track record of income generation through successful grant and contract applications, and capability to diversify income streams
- Broad understanding of the operation of local and national government and the administration of public and legal services, including an understanding of commissioning.
- Alignment with our values.
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at email@example.com
For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with your number and suitable times to speak. You can also call her on 0207 820 7321 but please be aware the line can be busy, so a pre-arranged call is the best way to ensure availability.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 13th November 2020