£50k per year
8 months ago
Job title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Contract: Permanent, full time
Salary: 50,000 p.a.
Location: Teddington (currently remote working)
Absolute Support Leading Light (ASLL) aspires to provide support within independent living settings for adults with learning disabilities or a mental health condition. We currently support 13 adults with learning disabilities who live in three shared houses in the London Borough of Richmond. We also provide support to adults living in their own homes within the community.
ASLL is committed to ensuring that our clients become and remain valued members of their community. We promote self-esteem and empower our young adults by advocating team spirit and camaraderie. We pride ourselves on finding creative pathways to enable our clients to live the lives of their choice. Our focus on a holistic, person centred working approach is essential to the support we provide.
ASLL is seeking a new CEO who will be responsible for ensuring that the charity continues to achieve its primary objective of providing the people in its care with the opportunity to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
- Act as an ambassador for the charity and an advocate for the client group through building strong relationships with key stakeholders including but not limited to, clients, parents, trustees, local authority partners and the CQC.
- Responsible, along with the board of trustees, for the development of the charity s strategy, determining overall direction and developing plans which ensure that the charity s objectives are operationalised.
- Lead, manage and motivate employees to ensure they deliver high quality and supportive care and development for the charity s clients.
- Measure and monitor performance against CQC standards to ensure client provision meets acceptable quality standards.
As well as a passion for the work of Absolute Support, the successful candidate will have experience of:
- Proven experience as CEO or senior manager in the social care sector.
- Experience of financial management and control, including budget setting and reviews.
- Proven experience in developing strategic plans in the care and charitable sector.
- Understanding of the Social Model of Disability and the Medical Model of Disability and their appropriate application.
- Experience of working with adults with learning disabilities/mental health conditions is preferred
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, or for an informal conversation, please contact Nick Shanks at email@example.com with your number and suitable times to speak.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 10th March 21