020 7820 7321
5 months ago
Epping Forest Heritage Trust was formed in 2018 from the successful merger of the Friends of Epping Forest (established in 1969) with the Epping Forest Centenary Trust (established in 1978). Whilst we are a new charity in name, we have a long history working for the Forest and its communities.
We are now looking for our first CEO, and It is a splendid time to join us. We are financially strong and are nearing completion of our NLHF Raising the Game Project that has equipped us for our next phase of growth, with a new strategy and investing in new team members including this CEO role and the new Marketing & Fundraising Manager.
This funding is enabling us to make an increased contribution to preserving and promoting the heritage of Epping Forest. The CEO will lead the Trust in addressing new challenges facing the Forest: the impact of climate change, dramatically increased visitor numbers, threats to biodiversity, and inappropriate land development.
To do this, we want to grow, diversify and engage our membership and supporters to join in with our work; develop and grow our income; and establish a strong presence online and on social media. This will be enabled by establishing strong systems and processes for managing our operations as a charity.
Title: Chief Executive Officer of Epping Forest Heritage Trust
Location: Loughton, Essex
Contract: Permanent, full time
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Experience of success in a leadership role; ideally in the conservation/heritage sector
- Experience of successfully developing and implementing strategic business plans, budgets and polices to underpin the development of an organisation and the achievement of its vision and purpose
- Experience of organisational growth and development, including income generation
- Commercial and financial acumen with experience of the identification and amelioration of risk
- Experience of success in advocacy, ideally in conservation and heritage
- Experience of building a membership organisation would be desirable
- Experience of managing comparable operations
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate, and we want our shortlist to be representative of the communities in and around the Forest.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with your number and suitable times to speak.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 13th September 2021.
Harris Hill Charity Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.