£60k - 65k per year
020 7820 7321
about 1 month ago
The Union of Students exists to represent the students at University of Derby, and provide them with lots of fun and exciting opportunities, and to make sure they have the best possible experience whilst studying at the University. We are driven by our mission to transform the student experience by empowering students to reach their full potential and make the most of the activities available to them. We do this through a clear commitment to listening and responding to student feedback and their ideas for change, believing in the power of students to make their own experience the best it can be.
Who we are and how we work is articulated through our five values that characterise our offer to students and define how we work together as a team: Vibrant, Ambitious, Supportive, Inclusive, Open.
In our next CEO, we are looking for someone who is passionate about students and who will strive to ensure that their experience is as good as it possibly can be. An understanding of the importance of student leadership and student voice is essential to support and mentor full time officers. The CEO needs great inter-personal skills and an inclusive approach to their work, to ensure we develop our connections with the student body. It's a great time to join, as the Union is in a strong position despite the challenges of the pandemic; our financial position is good, we have an effective working relationship with the University, and we are just about to start developing our next strategic plan.
Job title: Chief Executive Officer at Union of Students, University of Derby
Salary: 60-65,000 per annum
Contract: Permanent, full time
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have experience of:
- Successful and significant achievement at a high performing senior management level at member/customer focused organisation
- Delivering results through personal leadership, building and managing collaborative relationships internally and externally
- Planning, organising, and implementing a diverse range of services within a charity sector organisation
- Creating and delivering business/strategic plans and monitoring performance against agreed objectives
- Effective financial management including budget setting and holding responsibilities in excess of 500k with the ability to analyse services/activities in terms of costs, value for money, market context and impact on customer/user
- Managing other managers and staff including using formal performance management and disciplinary processes
We encourage applicants who are from underrepresented groups with protected characteristics, as we value having a diverse pool of applicants to find the best candidate. In addition, we recognise the importance of reflecting the diversity of our membership and audiences within the Union.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with your number and suitable times to speak.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 18th October 2021.