£50k - 60k per year
020 7820 7321
7 months ago
Our founder, Richard Watts, left an enduring gift to the people of Rochester in 1579, endowing a charity in his name to provide for those in need in the community. Today, his legacy lives on as the Richard Watts Charities, which have merged over the years with a number of other charities in Rochester, including St Catherine's Hospital (founded 1316), and taking over administration of the William Mantle Educational Trust.
We provide assistance in times of need to enable people to live as independently as possible. This especially involves providing opportunities for older people to live in our almshouses. Our beneficiaries are at the centre of everything we do.
We are now looking for our new CEO to build on this incredible history of service to the people of Rochester and its environs, working with an engaged Board and leading a committed team.
Role: Chief Executive Officer - Richard Watts Charities
Location: Rochester, Kent (min. 3 days per week in the office)
Salary: circa £55,000
Contract: full time, permanent
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Senior management experience gained at an organisation of comparable scale and complexity
- Track record of developing and implementing strategic plans
- Experience of leading, managing and developing diverse teams at various levels
- Experience of representing an organisation to external stakeholders, and forming effective partnerships
- Experience of working effectively with a Board of Trustees or equivalent
- Solid track record of effectively managing human, physical and financial resources, with experience of delivering long term financial sustainability and stewardship of resources
Experience in the social care sector, and/or experience of overseeing management of a physical estate / property portfolio, would be an advantage.
To download the information pack click here.
Applications to be submitted to Jenny Hills at Harris Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 7th January 2022.
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.