020 7820 7321
3 months ago
In our next Chief Executive Officer, Chailey Heritage Foundation is seeking an experienced, inspiring leader and strategist who is comfortable with complexity and able to continue to promote us nationally and internationally for our work with children and young people with complex neuro-disabilities. At the same time, our new CEO will be an integral part of our community – Chailey Heritage is not just an office, but a home, a school and a community for our children, young people and their families and loved ones.
We believe every child and young person have potential and, with support, can learn, enjoy, and achieve meaningful lives. From our beautiful site in the Sussex countryside, we change the lives of children and young people. We provide education and care services, and are one of the UK’s leaders in the field. Most of the young people accessing our services have severe cerebral palsy, many have visual and/or other sensory impairments. All are wheelchair users and very few have verbal communication. Our expertise is in maximising independence and choice, developing effective communication and providing powered mobility opportunities. We encourage you to seek out the Virtual Tour on our website to get a sense of just how transformative our work is.
Role: Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Chailey Heritage Foundation
Salary: Circa £100,000
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Near Lewes and Haywards Heath, West Sussex
Amongst other criteria, our new CEO will have:
- A record of successful leadership and decision making at chief executive or senior management level in an organisation of comparable size and/or complexity, and ideally at one providing a regulated services
- Demonstrable experience in implementing high-impact organisational and cultural change that inspires, motivates and engages employees
- Financial and commercial awareness, with strong analytical skills and a creative approach to problem solving and risk management
- Excellent negotiation skills and an ability to influence outcomes through tact, diplomacy and effective reasoning and persuasion
- Ability to maintain a clear overview of issues affecting Chailey Heritage regarding SEND, adult and children’s social care and health issues
- The emotional intelligence, intellect and capability to manage relationships and people in a complex environment providing a specialist and highly valued service within the context of local authority funding
For an information pack with full details of how to apply, or to arrange an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny Hills at Harris Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9am Monday 25th April 2022.
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.