£50k - 59k per year + Benefits
8 months ago
Chief Executive Officer - Citizens Advice Haringey
£50,000 - £59,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
Tottenham, London; 36 hrs per week (including some out of hours work)
It's fair to say that Haringey's no ordinary borough. In fact it's one of the UK's most extraordinary and diverse, home to places like Alexandra Palace and White Hart Lane, residents speaking over 200 languages, and where pockets of intense deprivation meet pockets of leafy affluence at every turn.
As you'd imagine, meeting the needs of this exceptionally diverse community presents unique challenges for Citizens Advice Haringey's (CAH) highly-skilled staff and volunteers - but we're proud to say that we're rising to them.
We've been a vital part of the community here for 20 years, helping over 21,600 people (on a turnover of nearly 1.2m) last year alone, and winning numerous awards for our services since 2014.
It's an exciting time to join us too, as our outgoing CEO has steered through a period of growth and challenge, creating strong foundations that will be a springboard to even greater success. You'll be taking the reins of an organisation that has recently passed its quality audit within our network, and with excellent services and a culture of high-level performance, you'll be able to apply your vision, drive and energy to what matters most: making a real difference to the people of our communities.
Key responsibilities for this unique role include:
- Manage the charity effectively, ensuring that its financial security is maintained and enhanced
- Develop, implement, monitor and evaluate the charity's business plan in conjunction with key Members and stakeholders
- Lead the development and implementation of strategic goals, short and long-term objectives
- Provide inspiring leadership to Citizens Advice Haringey, focusing on delivering innovative, high quality services to those in greatest need of advice services.
To succeed in the position you'll need to have:
- Proven ability to devise and implement strategic development and resource plans, particularly in the areas of service development, staff development and the management of change
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Previous experience of leadership roles within the third sector will be a distinct advantage
If you're up to the challenge, keen to apply, or would like to find out more, please get in touch with our retained consultant Syed Hussain at Harris Hill Charity recruitment. Syed.email@example.com