020 7820 7318
over 2 years ago
Harris Hill is working in partnership with the World Hepatitis Alliance to recruit their next Chief Executive, to take over when their current CEO steps down in the New Year.
The World Hepatitis Alliance leads the global fight against viral hepatitis, one of the largest killers worldwide. As a global patient-led and patient-driven not-for-profit organisation, with 260 members in 86 countries, their mission is to harness the power of people living with viral hepatitis to achieve its elimination.
WHA has changed the course of viral hepatitis history and really put it on the map. Since its inception in 2007 launching a global movement, they have grown their membership, convened two global summits, and spearheaded annual global awareness days. In 2016 this tenacity and unwavering commitment resulted in viral hepatitis becoming one of the World Health Organization's global priorities, when 194 governments pledged to its elimination by 2030.
WHA is now focused on ensuring that diagnosis, treatment and elimination targets are achieved. You will be responsible for implementing the vision, direction, governance and performance of WHA so that it meets its strategic goals. Working closely with the President, Board and senior managers, you will deliver the Strategic Plan, and lead on organisational positioning, external influencing and engagement strategies.
Essential Criteria Include:
* Substantial track record of leadership and influence in an International Organisation
* Extensive experience of strategic and project management
* Exceptional stakeholder relationship management
* Experience of developing and implementing a business development and income generation strategy
* Experience of championing an organisation's mission, strategy, policies, values and activities with funders, donors, sponsors and other partners (WHO, NGOs and policy makers)
* Track record of building a collaborative culture and long term effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Visionary drive and creativity
This is a rare opportunity to lead an organisation that has a real chance to drive total elimination of these deadly viruses. Please contact our lead consultant Ben Pountney at Harris Hill for more information.