£75k - 85k per year
020 7820 7311
2 months ago
Harris Hill is delighted to be recruiting for a Chief Financial Officer for Acorns Children's Hospice based across the West Midlands area.
The position reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer, leading the following functions: Finance, ICT, Data & Performance, Facilities & Estates Management and be the Company Secretary.
The position has a strong finance team, so will require excellent strategic skills and wider leadership experience.
- The position requires you to be in the head office in Birmingham or one of the hospices at least 2 or 3 days a week.
- Hospice locations: Birmingham, Worcester and Walsall
- This is a full time 5 days a week position.
- Salary: £75,000pa - £85,000pa
As Chief Financial Officer (CFO) you will hold primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the finance activities across the charity, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations, building and maintaining highly effective working relationships with fellow Executive Directors, Trustees and senior leaders.
As an executive director you will be a natural communicator able to build trusted relationships rapidly as an authentic and self-aware senior leader, role modelling the values and behaviours that engender the culture we strive to create and maintain. You will champion the development of new and more effective ways of working being a catalyst for the change required for Acorns to achieve its goals and mission whilst ensuring the charity operates safely within the required governance framework. You will be passionate about the charity and committed to its future, inspiring others to follow you to allow for continual growth and development through your inspirational leadership.
THE PERSON WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING:
- A formal accountancy qualification e.g. CIMA/ACCA
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Level 5 Leadership Qualification or extensive knowledge/experience
- Substantial senior level financial experience, preferably gained in a complex organisation.
- A proven track record of developing and driving through change programmes.
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods.
If you would like to know more about this position, please contact Simon Bascombe at Harris Hill