£38,602 per year
over 1 year ago
Headway Black Country provides specialist services to adults with an Acquired Brain Injury or Stroke and to their families and carers. Since 1997 we have been raising awareness about brain injury and helping people to live as independently as possible and to achieve their potential.
Brain injury can affect anyone, at any time and Headway Black Country, an independent charity affiliated to Headway the brain injury association, offers a range of services to support people through these life-changing events. Wherever someone lives in the Black Country (Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall or Wolverhampton) we are a source of practical help, support, expertise and information in the community, at home or at our Centres.
We have a committed and expert team of staff and volunteers, a great reputation for the quality and impact of our work, and 87 clients. Through the Covid-19 crisis, we have successfully maintained our funding and adapted our services. We are now looking for out next Chief Officer to lead us through a continued period of considered and sustainable development, and the challenges and opportunities that will present themselves to the charity and our clients.
Job Title: Chief Officer of Headway Black Country
Contract: Permanent, full time with occasional evening and weekend work.
Location: Dudley, with travel around the Black Country
As well as a strong and demonstrable alignment with our work, mission and values, amongst other criteria the successful candidate will have:
- Senior management experience at an organisation of comparable size and complexity having this experience in the charity sector is highly advantageous, and a strong knowledge and understanding of the charity sector is essential.
- Experience of successfully managing and developing teams of comparable scale and complexity
- Experience of successfully balancing both strategic and highly operational aspects of a role
- Up to date experience of following financial procedures and of managing budgets
- Successful track record of business development, from spotting opportunities to bringing them to fruition.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at email@example.com
For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with your number and suitable times to speak. You can also call her on 0207 820 7321 but please be aware the line can be busy so a pre-arranged call is the best way to ensure availability.
Please note: responding to this advertisement will not in itself be considered an application. We will need a CV and a supporting statement addressing the full person specification in the information pack.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Monday 16th November 2020