£48k - 55k per year
020 7820 7310
2 months ago
Are you an experienced specialist data protection?
Do you have 3 years or more experience working with in GDPR?
Are you well versed with current and emerging data protection legislation?
If you can say yes to the above please get in touch, as you could add value to this fantastic charity.
It's a great time to join the charity as they launch an ambitious new five-year strategy to help drive a change in income, profile, brand awareness, reputation, and impact.
We are looking for an experienced data protection professional. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a specialist in data protection who is well versed with current and emerging data protection legislation including the EU and UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Data Protection Act 2018 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR).
To be suitable for this key role, you will be able to inform and advise internal stakeholders, enabling compliance with relevant legislation and regulation.
You will be empowered to further strengthen the existing data protection management framework by acting to review, revise and introduce, policies, processes, and behaviours to increase the maturity and robustness of the framework.
Knowledge and Experience
- A data protection professional with at least 3 year s' experience working in the field of data protection.
- Holder of a data protection certification (e.g. CIPP/E) preferred, but not essential.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable laws and regulations that relate to information and data management.
- Experience of successfully managing data protection for an organisation which both processes special category data, and undertakes large-scale direct marketing campaigns, preferably in a Not-For-Profit environment.
- Experience in preparing, and advising on, data protection agreements and data sharing agreements.
- Experience in the ongoing education of staff in the application of data subject rights processes, and breach processes.
The role will be office based at the London HQ, with some remote working.