£35k - 37.5k per year
020 7820 7310
about 2 months ago
Are you interested in working for a charity that is focused on helping young people to achieve their full potential?
Harris Hill is proud to be working with a great charity that dedicates itself to promoting progress and raising the aspirations of children and young people.
We would love to hear from you if you are a passionate Data Systems Manager who is happy to work effectively as a member of a team, wants to develop, be innovative and creative different approaches to meet the needs of the organisation, your colleagues and the young patrons.
You will take responsibility for providing technical data and management information to support their work of providing quality services and programmes to local authorities, schools and employers.
This is an interesting role as you will analyse, produce, and present management information that will support the Management Information Systems Manager. You will also be there to support the Management Information Team by producing reports and provide the management information required for the helpline service.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the Senior management team to develop, implement and manage the Management Information service
- Monitoring of the data integrity and quality within the database
- Preparing the submission of mandatory management information
- Providing a helpline to users of the system
- Interrogation of the database to conduct analysis and create reports
- Developing and delivering training in the use of the database
- Taking lead responsibility for the production, analysis and presentation management information reports
- Maintaining a high level of understanding of all national requirements relating to the service
- Contributing to teamwork and information sharing
- provide insightful and informative analysis to meet local and national requirements,
- always ensuring the highest standards of data integrity and security
You will be able to demonstrate high level skills in:
1. producing and checking statistical reports
2. working with and maintaining relational databases
3. MS Excel
4. querying large datasets
5. project management skills
In addition, you will need the following:
1. NVQ level 4 or equivalent in statistics, information management or a relevant subject, or equivalent knowledge and experience.
2. Knowledge and understanding of GDPR / Data Protection issues
3. Ability to work effectively with others, to co-operate with colleagues and help the team to achieve their goals.
4. Ability to positively manage relationships
5. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to work as part of a team to develop innovative and creative approaches to the development of the service that meet the needs of charity and the services they provide.
7. Ability to plan, prioritise and organise workloads effectively.
8. Ability to meet deadlines.
9. Experience of ICT to an advanced level of competence, including word processing, e-mail and data management.
10. Ability to adopt a flexible approach in managing conflicting demands.
1. working with a CCIS database or similar Customer Information Systems.
2. in the use of Crystal reports.
3. of developing, delivering, and evaluating training.