£32k per year
020 7820 7310
2 months ago
Do you have strong IT & Database management skills?
Have you ever supported a fundraising team?
Are you currently working in an environment of researchers, writers, thinkers, artists, creatives, or scientists?
If you can say yes to the above, you will love this opportunity! We are looking for a Development Operations Officer who understands Database Management for a well-known organisation who has over 170 million items in its world-famous collection, from Shakespeare's first writings to original Beatles' lyrics.
Their philanthropic supporters and sponsors help open a world of ideas and inspiration for everyone. Their support enables them to share the collection as widely as possible by developing learning programmes for young people, supporting growing businesses, inspiring diverse communities, broadening their internationally acclaimed exhibitions and events & improving their physical spaces.
You will have the responsibility for the day-to-day management of the Development database, supporting prospect pipeline and management processes, gift processing and financial reconciliation work, analysing data to generate portfolio and income reports. They will also support the team in developing, implementing and adhering to policies relating to fundraising governance and compliance matters.
You will fit right into the team because you have already worked as part of a successful fundraising team and will have a strong track record and advanced knowledge in using a fundraising relationship database, ideally Raiser's Edge, and excellent IT skills.
And you will possess strong analytical skills, together with the ability to communicate clearly, with a keen eye for detail and be able to prioritise multiple tasks and projects. Knowledge of GDPR and FOI legislation is required. You will work closely with the Head of Research and Operations and experience of prospect research and resources would be a useful addition.
Your Main Areas of Responsibility will be:
- day-to-day management of Development database systems (Raiser's Edge)
- analyse data and generate queries
- manage gift processing and work with Finance teams to reconcile gifts & pledges, gift aid management and compliance
- prepare income & received reports
- support the SMT in the preparation of fundraising reports
- ensure Development activities and procedures follow the Fundraising Codes
Your other Main Tasks will be to:
- document the protocols for using Raiser's Edge
- give training for users of Raiser's Edge as requires
- provide reports & prospect lists for the fundraising team
- create & analyse customer lists to help generate prospects and build pipelines
Finance with be another area of responsibility:
You will be responsible:
- for gift processing and maintenance and recording of financial contributions
- to provide day to day support to the SMT to reconcile and maintain accurate records of gifts & pledges and gift aid management.
- for tracking payment schedules
- to prepare detailed income and cash received reports at agreed intervals, to assist in preparing income summaries, pipeline reports and forecasts as required
- for the day to day management of the online donations system.
We look forward to meeting you :)