020 7820 7318
about 2 months ago
The Anne Frank Trust UK - Director of Resources
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 per annum, depending on experience.
Hours: Full time (37.5 hours per week)
The Anne Frank Trust UK is an education charity that empowers young people with the knowledge, skills and confidence to challenge all forms of prejudice and discrimination.
In the last year, we have delivered our programmes in 90 secondary schools, 53 primary schools, 15 community settings and 10 prisons, reaching a total audience of 54,000 people. Our starting point is always the life and work of Anne Frank, explored as a Jewish experience in the historical context of the Holocaust, and as a source of insight and inspiration for understanding and challenging modern-day prejudice of all kinds.
The Trust aims to announce the new strategy on 12 June 2019, which would have been Anne’s 90th birthday. To lead the strategy into reality, the Trust is recruiting to two positions on the charity’s Senior Management Team: Director of Resources to lead on operational planning and organisational infrastructure, and Director of Education to lead all front-line services. The SMT is rounded out by the CEO and the Director of Development.
The Anne Frank Trust UK has remarkable assets in its talented staff team and board of trustees, in the range and quality of the educational programmes, in its evidence of impact, in its brand and reputation, in the range of its philanthropic and Government funding, and perhaps above all in the power of the tragic story and creative genius of Anne Frank. There are also serious challenges to face in tackling prejudice, and in securing the resources to do so.
Our new Director of Resources will be crucial to ensuring that we galvanise these assets to maximum effect, so that we take the Trust forward to help fulfil Anne’s hope for a world of goodness, beauty and peace for all people.
The successful candidate will have:
- A track record of generating and leading extensive operational plans that deliver organisation-wide improvements in efficiency, productivity and impact.
- Significant experience of managing administrative and other support functions, including finance, facilities, IT, HR and data.
- Experience of developing and implementing performance management frameworks for staff.
- Substantial experience of managing and developing staff.
- Experience of procurement and contract management.
- Substantial experience of budget management.
- Highly developed, well-articulated expertise in strategic thinking, organisational development and project management.
- Expertise in operating and commissioning IT, especially how digital means can be used to improve effectiveness
If you would like to receive an information pack for this role, with full details of how to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com or call Jenny Hills on 0207 820 7321.
► Please note:
From Friday 21st December 2018, our offices will be closed for the Christmas and New Year period until Wednesday 2nd January 2019. During this time, information packs for each of our roles are available to download directly here.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Monday 28th January 2019.