£66,341 - 70,691 per year
020 7820 7316
over 2 years ago
Organisation: Royal Trinity Hospice
Title: Director of Retail
Salary: £66,341, £67,972 or £70,691 + bonus
Location: Balham (south London)
Trinity provides skilled, compassionate care and support to people with progressive, life-limiting illnesses and those close to them.
We support people living in our central and south west London community, at home and at the hospice. At any moment, Trinity is caring for 700 patients.
Trinity has been providing this vital support for over 125 years - last year we cared for 2,300 people.
All our services are provided free of charge to patients and their families. We receive only a quarter of our funding from the NHS and rely on support from our community through fundraising and through our shops to raise the remaining 9.5 million every year that is needed for our services to continue.
Our 30 (soon to be 31) shops contribute vital unrestricted income to fund our work, well as being our most visible presence in the communities we serve.
We are seeking our next Director of Retail to build on the considerable successes our shops have achieved over the past few years.
All of our shops are profitable, and Retail will comfortably exceed the annual income target this year. There is a robust growth strategy for the next two years, a refreshed brand and a strong team in place.
The Director of Retail will be a creative, entrepreneurial and motivational leader with strategic management experience in multisite retail. In addition to their responsibility for Retail, they will be a full member of the Hospice's executive team, and will be fully engaged with leading the wider Hospice as part of this team.
The successful candidate will have:
- A significant senior level operational and strategic management experience gained within the retail sector
- Experience of working across organisational boundaries at a senior level, achieving understanding, cooperation and service improvement
- Understanding of the governance requirements of a charity
- Understanding of team and organisational dynamics and the ability to develop and maintain working relationships
- Experience of negotiating and influencing to achieve strategic and operational goals
- A track record of innovation and retail development
- A track record of managing performance in staff
If you are potentially interested in submitting an application and would like to see the full information pack, or would welcome a confidential and discreet conversation, please contact Jenny Hills, Director at Harris Hill on 020 7820 7321 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 9am Monday 3rd June.