circa £65,000, pro rata
020 7820 7321
about 2 months ago
The Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) is seeking our next Director / Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to help us shape and build a vibrant and sustainable future. We are an independent and financially self-supporting international learned Society. Through its worldwide membership, the Society supports and sustains an international community of researchers seeking to enhance quality, stimulate innovation, exchange knowledge, encourage discourse and publish research in higher education. Our activities include managing an extensive portfolio of journals and monographs for the publication of research and scholarship, and running a wide range of events and conferences.
Role: Director / Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Society for Research into Higher Education.
Location: London (average 2 days per week in the office).
Salary: circa £65,000 pro rata.
Contract: Part time, 0.8 FTE (30 hours), permanent
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate will have:
- Senior level experience in managing an enterprise and leading a multi-skilled professional team
- A high level of IT skills and experience of using a range of software, databases, and digital platforms and forms of communications.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and an effective team member and collaborator
- The ability to multi-task and oversee a wide portfolio of responsibilities, meeting demanding expectations and timelines.
- The ideal candidate will also have good knowledge and understanding of the Higher Education sector and/or membership organisations.
If you would like to receive an Information Pack for this role with details on how to apply, please send an expression of interest and (optional but appreciated) a CV or professional profile in confidence to our consultant, Jenny Hills at Harris Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org. For an informal and confidential conversation about this position, please contact Jenny at the above address with suitable times to chat.
Closing date for applications: 9am, Tuesday 3rd May 2022.
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.