£28k per year
020 7820 7332
14 days ago
29 November 2018
13 November 2018
A cancer charity are looking for a Donor Services Officer to inform, educate and support donors who have been identified as a potential stem cell match for a blood cancer patient and to organise all processes of the stem cell or bone marrow donation.
- Supporting the organisation of donor travel, accommodation and donor expenses
- Support the team with the coordination of bone marrow and blood stem cell donations
- Provide post donation care and manage the donor follow-up process
- Work closely with the organisations medical advisor to coordinate post-donation medical appointments for donors, as needed.
- Work directly with Marketing and Communications and Fundraising Departments to identify donors to raise the organisations UK profile.
Skills and Experience required:
- Willingness to become acquainted with a very specific discipline/branch of medical science
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to travel on occasions for training and workshops
- Detail oriented, highly organised and able to multitask efficiently
- A high degree of sensitivity and empathy
- Knowledge of medical terminology, case-note documentation, and conducting medical histories is preferred
If this sounds like the perfect role for you then please do not hesitate to get in touch with the team. In order to be considered for this role please submit a covering letter, no longer than 1 A4.
Please note that due to the high number of applicants, only successful candidates will be contacted.