£30k per year
3 months ago
Harris Hill are recruiting for a Permanent Senior Finance Officer for this well-established Charity based in London
- Salary: 30,000pa
- Staff are entitled to 33 days annual leave including 8 statutory public holidays and will be able to join a salary exchange contributory pension scheme on successfully passing their probationary period (5% employer and 3% employee).
- Location: London
- Start date: 1st June
- This role is a permanent full-time position, working an average of 35 hours per week.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Professional Diploma in Accounting (Level 4) or a Part Qualified Accountant.
- Demonstrable competence of Sage 50 Accounts.
- Logical and methodical with excellent attention to detail.
- Previous experience of Purchase and Sales ledger.
- A good practical knowledge and application of Microsoft offices packages Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- This new role will support the Head of Finance in ensuring that a robust finance service is delivered to budget holders and reports prepared for the Board, Director and committees in a timely manner.
Description and dimensions of role:
- The Finance Officer will take full responsibility for all aspects of the purchase and sales ledger for both the charity and enterprise functions, for the processing of invoices through to payment runs and supplier statement reconciliations. They will be responsible for all balance sheet reconciliations including monthly bank reconciliations.
- They will support the Head of Finance with payroll processes, VAT returns, and cash flow management. They will provide analysis and insight, linking financial reporting to business performance including leading on compilation of the key performance indicators and monthly management accounts and reports. They will support the year end processes and annual audit.
- The Finance Officer works closely with budget holders and the senior management team providing monthly management accounts for Trustees and budget holders; preparing finance reports, forecast and analysis as required.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Code, process and input onto Sage all purchase invoices
- Ensure payment of invoices within company terms
- Liaise with budget holders to ensure invoices are approved for payment
- Reconcile, code and post credit card statements
- Post cash and credit card receipts from visitor, retail and other sales points
- Code and post customer sales invoices
- Review debit balances on the debtors report and issue statements and chase debtors
- Prepare banking as required
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations and investigate and report any discrepancies
- Finance and general administration including supporting reception and front of house colleagues, answering calls and greeting visitors. Providing administrative support to members of staff as and when required
- In collaboration with the Head of Finance lead on completion of month end processes and management reports
- Assist with preparing the annual budget reports and schedules for the Director and budget holders
- Assist with generating reports to support grant applications and reporting and financial analysis to support fundraising
- Assist with generating reports for defined purpose funds for budget holders and fundraising
- Assist with generating the quarterly VAT reports and return
- Assist with preparing year end reports and schedules for audit purposes
- Report any suspected or actual financial discrepancies or irregularities to the Head of Finance