£18 per hour
020 7820 7310
7 months ago
Harris Hill are proud to be working alongside a well established mental health charity in North London. We are looking for a part-time Finance and Admin Officer (2 days a week) to help this small charity to continue operating efficiently.
The main duties of the Part-time Charity Finance & Admin Officer include:
You will be responsible for maintaining all financial records & data, including entering transactions on the accounting software (QuickBooks) and you will play a key role part in migrating over to a new system (Xero).
Your tasks will include the following:
- Preparing invoices, including grant claims.
- Credit control
- Claiming Gift Aid
- Banking of cheques & cash as required
- Processing BACS and cheque payments
- Correctly authorising and paying staff and Trustees expenses.
- Pay role & pension processing
- Bank reconciliation
- Controlling debit card & petty cash
- Checking and maintaining files for direct debit payments
- Maintaining the Assets register
- Preparing and posting the monthly journals'
- Assisting preparation of monthly management accounts and annual Audit
- ensure that service contracts are properly managed so the offices and maintained & cleaned.
- work with senior management to ensure that the various insurance covers are keep up to date
- be responsible for day to day building maintenance
b) Health and Safety
- assist the Senior Clinical Administrator with day-to-day health and safety administration
c) ICT (Information & Communications Technology)
- administer the IT support contracts and liaise with help desks when required
d) Human Resources
- assist in maintaining accurate and confidential personnel records
- assist in the recruitment of new staff
- assist the Director to organise meetings of the Trustees and ensure that papers are circulated in a timely manner
Qualification in accounting or equivalent (AAT minimum qualification).
Excellent finance management experience within a charity setting.
Ability to manage and work effectively in a small team.
Strong written & verbal communication skills.
Extremely strong interpersonal skills.
Expereince of financial policies and procedures of a charity
If you are AAT qualified (at a minimum) and you have previous experience of working within a finance function of a charity we look forward to your application.
Good Luck :)