£42k per year
020 7820 7311
about 1 month ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Financial Accountant for this Health Research Charity based in London
- Reports to: Director of Finance and Corporate Services
- Management: 1 Finance Officer
- Hybrid Working: Remote Working with the 1 day a month to be based at their offices in Central London
- Salary: £42,000pa
- Hours: 37 hours PW
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for supporting the day-to-day management of the financial accounting operations, which includes leading on financial accounting processes, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting the international payroll.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/KEY RESULT AREAS
- Maintained the accounting software is updated and reviewed in a timely manner. This includes accounts payable, receivable, cash, payroll and any manual journals with all transactions documented appropriately and relevant accounts reconciled each month.
- Supporting the payroll process, including liaising with the outsourced payroll companies.
- Working with the Finance Assistant, review and facilitate the weekly payment runs and managing any foreign currency matters.
- Review VAT returns - prepared by outsourced VAT return provider - and assisting with other statutory returns such as Companies House reports and HMRC returns.
- Manage the production of the monthly management accounts
- Supporting the Director of Finance in the creation of a Financial Procedures Manual with policies and procedures
- Ensuring the continuous improvement and the monitoring of internal controls and accounting processes - performing relevant tasks in relation to the balance sheet.
- Responsible for the smooth running of all finance-related systems including the accounting software and Expenses Management System.
- Supporting the Director of Finance in the preparation of the yearly accounts and the completion of the audit in accordance with FRS 102 accounting rules.
- Excellent IT skills with experience of operating financial management systems.
- Advanced level in Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of UK taxation including payroll taxes, VAT and corporation tax.
- Understanding of standard business procedures around procurement and other financial controls.