£50k - 53k per year
020 7820 7311
8 months ago
Harris Hill is recruiting for a Financial Controller to report to the Director of Finance for this education charity based in West London.
The position is working from home at present, but then will require you to attend the offices on a flexible working bases with some days based in West London.
- The role reports to the Director of Finance and has one finance assistant.
- Salary: 50,000pa - 53,000pa
- MUST HAVE EXCELLENT EXCEL SKILLS TO A HIGH STANDARD
Who are we looking for?
- A Qualified Accountant with experience of the charity sector and SORP accounting.
- Have excellent IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel, to a high standard.
- Be able to work very effectively under pressure, meet tight deadlines and pay excellent attention to detail.
- Be prepared to roll up her/his sleeves as part of a small team.
- Take pride in being efficient, very well organised and display excellent time-management skills.
- Be someone who actively seeks solutions to problems and uses initiative.
- Have good written communications skills and excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with a broad range of people from Trustees to high-net-worth individuals.
- Have highly effective and efficient research skills, and be able to analyse, summarise and present information clearly and accurately.
What will my main duties be?
- To produce high-quality monthly management accounts for the Senior Management Team, Trustees and key stakeholders, setting out the results of the charity for the month and year-to-date with accompanying commentary, an analysis of the charity's financial position, and cashflow forecasting.
- To manage the charity's accounting software Aqilla and its financial functions.
- To take ownership of the month-end timetable, working with Finance Assistant(s) to ensure that all balance sheet reconciliations are completed, and preparing a full month-end file for the Director of Finance on a timely basis.
- To line manage the Finance Assistant(s) to ensure the timely processing and accurate recording of the charity's supplier payments, petty cash transactions, and bank reconciliations.
- To act as primary contact for the charity's external payroll provider, conducting monthly payroll reviews with the Director of Finance and the CEO, submitting monthly payroll information to the payroll provider, and analysing payroll reports.
- To lead on the preparation of the annual statutory accounts with the support of the Director of Finance.
- To lead the charity's annual budget process with the support of the Director of Finance.