£39,774 per year + benefits
HR & Finance Jobs
over 1 year ago
3 Months, 1 Day
A fantastic award-winning non-profit organisation are looking to recruit their next General Catering Manager. This position is initially for an interim basis of 2-3 months whilst my client recruits for the permanent vacancy.
The organisation is one of twelve venues in the UK that have been awarded a Food for Life Gold Award and my client is keen to recruit a candidate that will maintain this with their passion of serving delicious, environmentally-sustainable food. As the General Catering Manager, you will report directly into the Head of Service Delivery and will be responsible for the delivery of great food and customer service across the organisations' restaurant, cafe, and conference catering events.
My client is looking for a candidate to be in place by Monday 12th November. The final deadline for CV's is Wednesday 17th October and interviews will be held on Monday 22nd October.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Manage, motivate and develop the Catering Team
- Order operating stock and ensure that catering costs remain within budget
- Undertake duty management shifts to ensure that all conferences, events and meetings run smoothly
- Complete periodic audits to check housekeeping standards of catering areas
- Develop and introduce new food offers and products to reflect the business needs of the restaurant, cafe and conference catering
- Participate in weekly operations meetings to raise awareness of catering requirements
- Manage the security of the property, operating stock and department equipment
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience of managing a large, independent and ethical catering service
- Recognised hospitality and management qualification (HND, NVQ or equivalent)
- Recognised higher level Health and Safety qualification such as IOSH
- Experience of procurement and managing budgets
- Experience of compiling menus, costing recipes and ordering food commodities
- Excellent line management and people skills
If you feel that you have the above required experience, please respond with your updated CV immediately.