£24k per year
020 7820 7320
19 days ago
Duration of contract: permanent
Hours: 21 hours a week
A well-being children's charity based in South West London are looking for a General Manager. The charity would like to improve the well-being of Children and Young People through developing a safe environment for Children and their families.
- To report to the Board of Trustees, to whom the post is accountable. Be accountable for creating a sustainable, safe and positive environment for staff and children.
- Oversee the Admin Officer and the book keeping, and manage cash, to keep spending in accordance to income.
- To provide all funders with regular reports in accordance with their conditions and provide copies for the Board meetings.
- Up to date training in personnel procedures and good employment practice plus the importance of diversity and equal opportunities towards staff and volunteers must be seen to be pursued.
- Understanding of Local Authority structure and policies. Knowledge and experience of working with local authority colleagues and officers. Especially those whose duties cover statutory and non-statutory services to children and families.
- An above average understanding and knowledge of child development, and the ability to champion free play in this regard. First-hand experience and qualification highly desirable.
- A proven level of literacy and numeracy to be able to deal with ease at producing good quality written material such as policies, reports, and eye-catching publicity, as well as managing a budget in a rigorous manner, and demonstrate financial probity.
- The ability to supervise the senior playworker, administrative assistant and the overall performance of all our play staff in order to recruit, supervise, enhance their talents, improve their training opportunities and above all raise the standard of provision we offer to children aged 6 to 16 years and their families.
- A proven ability to manage projects, big (e.g. building of the new building) and small (e.g. replacement of a play structure), from budget to execution, in an organised manner.
- An up to date DBS and excellent references are essential as is the importance of a real understanding of safeguarding in all its aspects.