£26k - 31k per year + benefits
HR & Finance Jobs
almost 3 years ago
A wonderful health charity are looking to recruit their next Generalist Welfare Adviser on a 6 month Fixed-Term Contract. The role will be based in the organisations North-London office.
As the Generalist Welfare Advisor you will be responsible for providing advice and support to patients with long-term health conditions. You will report directly into the Support Hub Centre Manager and work alongside two other Welfare Benefit Advisers in order to provide an excellent and timely service.
Please note that due to the urgent nature of the role, candidates are required for an immediate start.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Provide and manage a generalist complex welfare advice service that is personal, responsive and sensitive
- Help clients to establish possible benefit entitlements and make claims as appropriate
- Provide advocacy for clients as and where required
- Negotiate with statutory bodies and other relevant authorities on the clients' behalf
- Maintain an accurate and factual case record of each client to enable the continuity of casework
- Promote the Support Hub by attending meetings and events
Skills and Experience required:
- Previous experience of managing a welfare advice service
- A strong knowledge of debt and welfare benefits
- Certificate in Generalists Advice Work or an equivalent qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- An understanding of the issues faced by people affected by long-term health conditions
If you feel that you have the above required experience, please respond with your updated CV immediately.