£40k - 43k per year
020 7820 7310
2 months ago
We at Harris Hill are inviting you to apply for the role of 'Governance, Compliance and Property Manager' with an amazing international charity.
This is an exciting time to get involved as the charity launches its strategy for the next 5 years, it is a key moment to get involved play a pivotal role in the development with an expansive and exciting range of responsibilities spanning across governance, legal, compliance, and managing a portfolio of properties across the UK, Europe and other parts of the world.
Effective global governance and compliance with the charity s activities is a key strategic objective. You would be joining at a key point in the charity s life, as they further develop a strong culture and professional standards (globally, regionally and locally) to meet their objective and mission to promote and care for the spiritual, moral and physical wellbeing of people and their families worldwide.
We would love to meet you because of your significant governance, legal or compliance experience . And your ability to establish credibility and deal confidently, diplomatically and competently with external stakeholders, Board and Committee members and staff at all levels. You will be well versed in setting up systems to deliver on strategic objectives and ensuring that those systems are effectively monitored and reported on.
You will also be a proven high performer who can provide first-rate support to the Board of Trustees here in the UK & across the globe. You will provide expert advice to the Senior Management Team and, working with external advisers as required, you will be the go-to person when your colleagues are seeking advice on legal and compliance matters.
This role is varied and will suit you if you enjoy a challenge and have a can-do attitude. The charity actively encourages flexible working so you will be able to work from home for part of the week with two days a week in the London office, generous pension, life assurance, and 25 days holiday a year plus bank holidays.
The charity is fully committed to doing all they reasonably can to ensure your working experience is fulfilling, successful and enjoyable. They are constantly exploring appropriate and dynamic ways forward. While remaining faithful to their roots and core purposes, they want to encourage a culture of creativity and entrepreneurship that will help them to maintain a reputation in the charity sector and sustain their commitments for the future.
- A legal, governance or compliance qualification is highly desirable.
- Experience of working in governance, legal or compliance context.
- Experience in drafting and reviewing papers, policies or contracts.
- Close attention to detail with evidence of ability to produce high-quality Minutes and review, proof-read and quality assure others papers ensuring they are to the required standards.
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills, a high level of verbal and numerical reasoning ability and excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.)
- Administration experience with property leases and property purchases and sales including arranging Charities Act valuations, liaising with estate agents and reviewing contracts as required.