This is the full time equivalent salary
almost 2 years ago
Harris Hill are seeking a Head of External Relations on behalf of Scotland's only national charity dedicated exclusively to the prevention and response of child sexual abuse. This organisation are a part of a UK wide charity focused on the prevention of child abuse through engaging both protective adults and those who present a risk to children.
Based in Edinburgh this organisation are seeking a dynamic individual to lead lead their media and communications activities and further develop the organisation's communications strategy. This charity run a range of local and national projects focused on the prevention of child abuse working in partnership with a range of government bodies, charitable trusts, voluntary and statutory organisations and the private sector.
This role plays a key part in the delivery of the charities message across the country and the the engagement of new donors as part of a wider fundraising and donor relations strategy.
Key responsibilities include
- To lead the development and delivery of the charities marketing, communications and engagement activities
- To represent the organisations through constructive engagement with external stakeholders and networks
- Development of donor relations and the identification of new income streams
- Act as the3 key point of contact for all media enquiries
- Supporting fundraisers and donors through PR and digital activities
- To ensure all fundraising and communication activities are coordinated for maximum benefit to the organisation
Experience and skills requires
- The successful candidate must have previous experience of working in a communications position
- Previous experience of working closely with a fundraising department/team would be preferred for this role
- Previous experience of writing, editing and commissioning accurate copy for online and printed communications is an essential requirement for this role
- The preferred candidate must have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with external stakeholders and potential donors
- Knowledge and awareness of social media and online monitoring tools would be highly advantageous for this role
If you wish to apply for the role please provide a CV and supporting statement by the closing date of Thursday 6th December 2018.
For any questions or queries please contact Jason Jederon.