£60k per year
2 months ago
Harris Hill are delighted to be recruiting for a Head of Governance, Compliance and Risk for a fantastic membership organisation based in a great central London location.
The main responsibilities of this role will be Risk Management, and Governance and Legal Support. The successful candidate will be managing a team of four.
The successful candidate will have charity or non-profit experience.
Please only apply if you are immediately available or within 1 week.
Job Title: Head of Governance, Compliance and Risk
Salary: £ 60K pa
Hours: Full time 35 per week
Temporary contract for: 3 months plus. Opportunity to go permanent.
Start: 10th February
The focus of the role is Risk Management and Governance and Legal Support
Governance and Legal Support
- Be responsible for maintaining and updating the College’s Ordinances, Regulations, Standing Rules, Standing Orders and Bye-laws, seeking legal advice where appropriate
- Maintain the register of Trustee interests and complete for the external Auditors as part of the annual accounts process
- Providing information to new and existing Trustees to keep them advised of their responsibilities and developments in the College
- Advising College staff on the application of the governing documents, including when legal advice should be sought.
- Acting as the link point to oversee the use of legal services across the College.
- Monitoring external developments in governance requirements, identifying implications for the College and putting forward plans to adapt existing arrangements to meet best practice where required.
- • Overseeing the development of College governance policies, standards and processes.
- Overseeing and coordinating arrangements to ensure the College’s compliance with the Ordinances, Standing Rules, Standing Orders and Regulations.
- Act directly or provide support to the ED Resources and the Chief Executive as required, with regard to a range of other legal and related issues affecting the College and its Faculties.
- Overseeing the College’s risk management processes.
- Reporting the strategic risk register to EDT on a quarterly basis in preparation for ARC meetings
- Developing systems for the management of risk and lead our approach
- Advising the ED Resources on improvements to the College’s risk management processes
You will also have responsibility relating to;
- Strategy and support
- Board of Trustees and Council support
- Meetings support
- Annual General Meeting
- Management of Executive Office
- Demonstrable experience of working in a professional or membership body environment/ non-profit
- Experience supporting a President and CEO
- Experience of advising senior team on reporting compliance, risk and other governance matters to Board and Council
- Experience of working in broad Executive Secretarial roles
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work at pace but with a keen eye for attention to detail
If you feel that you have the above experience, please respond with your updated CV.
Please note that due to high levels of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.