£55k - 60k per year
11 months ago
Humanitarian charity is seeking a Head of Health and Resilience Policy. This is a key role in the UK policy, research and advocacy department, within the wider strategy, advocacy and communications directorate.
- To head the health and resilience team and be the strategic UK policy lead for reducing health inequalities through health and social care, loneliness, crisis response and crisis education, and community resilience, including dotted line oversight of policy leads and work in the UK devolved nations.
- To provide leadership across the multidisciplinary policy, research and advocacy team, acting as deputy for the director of policy and advocacy, and being the senior policy / lead able to sign-off research reports.
- Design and be responsible for delivering UK-wide policy and advocacy strategies for health and resilience (including health inequalities, disasters and emergencies, and connected communities).
- Be a policy expert and an expert adviser on matters across the portfolio, able to brief senior staff, including the chief executive, executive leadership team and directors, in detail and on request.
- Lead high impact influencing programmes across the brief, regularly reporting against indicators to demonstrate real change in the external environment.
- Keep abreast of public policy and changes in the external environment. Take a lead role in horizon scanning and risk management for your area of responsibility, feeding back timely information to the organisation, including to the chief executive and executive team.
- Provide leadership (including planning and pastoral/development support) across the multidisciplinary policy, research and advocacy team, deputising for the director.
Skills and experience:
- Substantial knowledge of the health and resilience landscape.
- Excellent working knowledge of Government, public policy making and implementation and/ Parliament, parliamentary processes and legislation.
- Well-networked, with contacts in health / Government
- Substantial experience using advocacy related to social/public policies.
- Substantial experience in being an expert adviser, briefing senior colleagues and providing strategic and tactical political and/or policy advice.
- Substantial experience of successfully managing a number of different projects at any given time, completing them to a high level of quality