£15.17 - 15.17 per hour
about 2 years ago
1 Month, 3 Weeks
Harris Hill are delighted to be recruiting a looking for an Initial Contact and Engagement Advisor for a fantastic charity. The successful candidate will have charity or non-profit experience.
It is essential that you have a DBS currently on the up date service.
Job Title: Initial Contact and Engagement Advisor
Salary: £ 15.17ph
Hours: Full time
Duration: ASAP until mid-late December
- Provide reception cover including; preparing other areas of the building and formally ‘opening’ reception if coming on duty at the start of the working day and ‘closing’ at the end of the working day.
- Provide a welcoming and inclusive environment
- Be the initial point of contact for members explaining the offer
- Signpost members to relevant support services either within the centre or delivered by external agencies and organisations
- Manage the day to day running of the reception area and other areas of the building
- Answer external calls and route to the relevant duty officer or staff member accordingly
- Give signposting information advice and guidance as appropriate
- Carry out administrative responsibilities including but not exclusively:
- Data entry
- Collation of data
- Stocking stationery and forms
- Updating staffing and contacts lists
- Responding to general enquires and providing informed IAG
- Bulk texting members
- Updating room bookings within the centre and in community settings
- Display information regarding Crisis and external services within the Reception area and supporting staff to ensure that updated information is displayed in the premises of our outreach partners
- Dealing with post and deliveries
- Undertake other administrative activities to support Activities
- Ensure that any safeguarding concerns are identified and reported in line with procedures
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required in the light of the main purpose of the job
- Have a DBS on the update system
- Experience of working within a reception or administrative support role
- Customer service experience with a commitment to delivering the highest standard of customer care
- Strong interpersonal skills including effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Good organisational skills with ability to deal effectively with conflicting priorities
- Experience of dealing with challenging or aggressive situations and individuals with a range of needs with a calm, assertive and confident approach to reach a positive resolution
- Ability to work effectively in a busy and stimulating environment
- Ability to work co-operatively as part of a team
- Knowledge of and ability to comply with safeguarding procedures
If you feel that you have the above experience, please respond with your updated CV.
Please note that due to high levels of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted.