£72,450 - 80,500 per year
15 days ago
A leading charity - focused on ending the abuse of animals raised for food - is seeking a new Managing Director. The charity operates by influencing the policies of the world's biggest companies, demanding legislation, and empowering others to take action.
It's a mission-driven, energetic organisation focussed on problem-solving and effective teamwork, that has grown significantly over the last few years. Thanks to the charity's targeted approach, their effectiveness in reducing animal suffering and efficient use of donations, the charity has been named Top Charity by the independent evaluator Animal Charity Evaluators.
The Managing Director is responsible for the overall vision and mission of the charity. The successful candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about its mission of ending the abuse of animals raised for food. Experience in corporate campaigning and/or political campaigning is highly desirable.
Primary Responsibilities: reporting to the Chairperson of the Board, the Managing Director oversees a number of areas:
- Program Management
- Development and Financial Management
- HR Management
- Risk Management
- Personnel Management
Key skills and experience:
- Strong ability to conceptualise strategic initiatives to further the charity's mission, making sure day-to-day activities support those initiatives.
- Natural problem-solver with the ability to deal with the present while foreseeing and addressing future issues.
- Confident spokesperson and advocate of the charity's mission.
- Appreciate the value of inclusivity, and prioritising equity and a healthy working culture, leading this from the top.
- Strong strategic decision-maker and an informed opinion leader.
- Great listener, and this informs your decision-making.