£15.96 - 15.96 per hour
020 7820 7313
2 months ago
Harris Hill is urgently seeking a Media and Communications Officer to support a health related education not for profit organisation for around 2 months.
The client has expressed an interested in seeing candidates who are recent graduates with around 1-2 years experience and an interest in Media Comms. They hope to see someone who would be interested in possible permanent employment.
To work across the communications sections of the Department of Strategic Communications.
To help make the case in the media of the need for better treatment for people with a mental illness.
To work across the media and communications team in the external affairs section, working on the news desk and given responsibility for specific projects as well as supporting the team with day to day communications tasks.
To have the following key responsibilities to support the media team in order to build and maintain the reputation of the organisation.
1. Liaise with and respond to enquiries from media, individuals and other organisations, usually via telephone and email, in a timely manner
2. Write press releases, supported by senior press officer and media manager
3. Draft quotes and write comment pieces under supervision
4. Proactively generate story ideas
5. Support with social media
6. Take part in rota to scan news for relevant stories on a daily basis
7. Create media lists and distribute press releases
8. Deliver administrative documents in a timely manner - agendas, coverage notes, action notes and ensure they are filed appropriately in the team shared drive.
9. Collate and analyse media coverage
10. Coordinate photo opportunities when required
11. Organise of press events such as press conferences when necessary under the direction of the senior press officer and media manager
12. Upload press releases, responses and statements onto the website and maintain and update press office information on the website
13. Take part in an out-of-hours press office staff rota with support of senior colleagues
14. Take part in creating the media forward planner on a weekly basis as required
15. Coordinate photo opportunities and film shoots when required.
16. Organise of press events such as press conferences when necessary under the direction of the senior press officer and media manager.
17. Upload press releases, responses and statements onto the website and maintain and update press office information on the website.
18. Take part in an out-of-hours press office staff rota with support of senior colleagues.
19. Take part in creating the media forward planner on a weekly basis as required.
20. Undertake tasks requested by Media Manager
If you would like to explore further, please apply without delay.