£30k per year
020 7820 7320
3 months ago
Member Engagement Manager
London - 12 Month Contract
£30,000 - plus benefits package
The International Alliance of Patients' Organizations (IAPO) is a unique global alliance representing patients of all nations across all disease areas. We work to promote patient-centred healthcare around the world. With over 250 members in over 60 countries, we represent an estimated 365 million patients.
Our vision is to see patients placed at the centre of healthcare. Our mission is to help build patient-centred healthcare worldwide. We work with our members to get patients' voices heard by everyone involved in healthcare.
The Member Engagement Manager role is a 12 month position. The successful candidate will be the primary contact point for IAPO's members within the organization. This role provides the opportunity to build working relationships with a wide range of people from different countries and backgrounds, from a wide range of health-related organizations worldwide.
The role focuses on working with members to understand their needs and requirements, and feeding these into the members' programme, IAPO policy positions, project development and other work programmes. This will include gaining information and data from members to underpin IAPO's evidence base. S/he is the main point of contact for members and potential members within the organization and takes a proactive lead in the recruitment and retention of IAPO members and ensuring the smooth processing of membership applications. Finally, s/he is responsible for the delivery of the programme of membership benefits, which is informed by the requirements of the members and the capacity of IAPO to deliver. Such benefits include capacity building (for example, through network events) and the production of toolkits and online resources. The Member Engagement Manager works with all the staff team to embed the needs and requirements of members into the work of IAPO.
- Managing and overseeing all aspects of membership administration, including processing new applications, invoicing and ensuring the timely payment of membership fees, reporting to the Membership Committee of the Governing Board
- Proactive recruitment of new IAPO members through emails and other mailings, face to face meetings and identification of opportunities for current and potential new members to get involved in our work (for example regional meetings) and to network with others
- Managing the development and maintenance of IAPO's online communications for members, working with other staff as appropriate, particularly the Communications Officer
- In collaboration with colleagues, developing proposals and funding applications to ensure the support of capacity building services
- Experience in the not for profit sector, or in a similar role
- Substantial experience of engagement and facilitation, particularly of facilitating learning and development
- Enthusiasm and commitment to support, advise and work with NGOs to enable them to become more effective in their work towards patient-centred healthcare in their own country or region
- Sound IT skills including databases and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of/fluency in a second language. Spanish particularly desirable
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including with people for whom English is not their first language
If you'd like to find out more or to apply, please contact Shweta Prabhakar Shweta.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have the stated requirements then please apply to Harris Hill with your up to date CV and Cover Letter. Please note that only suitable candidates will be contacted with further information.
Closing Date: 14th January 2019